In this week’s podcast, I talk to the creative team behind Jet Set Go!, the comedy musical which starts at the Jermyn Street Theatre next week after a successful run at last year’s Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
In conversation are Pippa Cleary, composer & lyricist and finalist in The Stage’s Notes for The Stage musical theatre composition competition; Jake Brunger, book & lyrics and Luke Sheppard, director and choreographer.
A review of the musical will appear on The Stage website on Friday 3 April, at http://www.thestage.co.uk/reviews/, and in the following week’s paper.
To listen to the podcast:
You can use the player below, or download the MP3 file (10.9Mb) (right-click and select “Download file/Save linked file as…” or similar).
Alternatively, subscribe in iTunes or your favourite podcast player. This will also ensure that you’ll automatically receive future podcasts when they become available. In addition, the iTunes version contains album art and chapter marks for easier navigation through the programme.
The stories in this week’s news segment:
- Primeval writer Hodges calls for product placement ban to be lifted
- James Bulger play to given UK premiere at Arcola
- Edinburgh International Festival unveils 63rd programme
- Latitude festival to feature Royal Opera and ETT musical
- Punchdrunk and Wainwright lead Manchester International Festival 2009
- Cultural Olympiad to get a new ‘ringmaster’
- Theatres better outside London, says actor Tompkinson